4-H Bullets & Bows Club Members Qualify for State Competition
On August 10, 2019, one hundred eighty-six 4-H competitors from 14 Counties descended on Polk County for the West District Shooting Sports Competition. The District Competition identifies who will move forward to the State competition in September. To qualify for State, shooters had to be in the top 3 teams, top 5 individual, or receive the next top 5 overall scores (at large). We would like to thank our Sponsors: Huskey’s Paint & Design, Inc., NC Clampitt Hardware, Bear Springs Armory, Fly Fishing the Smokies, Nantahala Tiny Homes & RV Park, Taylor Earth Products & Excavating, Yellow Rose Real Estate, T.O. Construction Inc., Getcha Graphics, WNC Firearms Training, Everett Street Diner, Bryson City Tire Co., High Creek Earthworks and Crisp Funeral Home for their support of our club. Also a thank you goes out to all of our volunteers, instructors, and parents who give time to our club every week.
The following 4-H’ers will be representing Swain County in the State Competition, their placements and the disciplines they qualified for:
- Randall Griggs: Junior Individual Rifle (o) – 1st place; Junior Overall Rifle (o) – 1st place; Junior Individual Rifle (t) – 1st place; Junior Overall Rifle (t) – 1st place; Junior Individual Archery Compound – 1st place; Junior Individual Shotgun – 1st place.
- Ronnie Griggs: Senior Individual Rifle (t) – 1st place; Senior Individual Archery Compound – 2nd place
- Christopher Singley: Senior Individual Rifle (o) – 2nd place
- Keith Ammann: Senior Individual Rifle (o) – 1st place
- Andy Ledford: Senior Individual Shotgun – 3rd place; Senior Individual Rifle (o) – 4th place; Senior Individual Rifle (t) – 4th place
- Marcus Fisher: Junior individual Archery Compound – 2nd place.
- Kendall Taylor: Junior Individual Recurve – 4th place
- Claire Hill: Junior Individual Recurve – 5th place
- Josh Bridges: Senior Individual Rifle (t) – 5th place
- Kory Ledford: Junior Individual Shotgun, Junior Individual Rifle (o), Junior Individual Archery Compound
For information on Swain County 4-H, contact the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Swain County located at 60 Almond School Road, visit 4HOnline to enroll in 4-H or call 488-3848 for volunteer opportunities.
All 4-H activity dates and times are posted and updated on our website and Facebook page, so make sure to “Like” and “Follow” Swain County 4-H on Facebook so you don’t miss out. Remember, enrolling in 4-H is free! For more information about 4-H opportunities email Jennifer Hill, 4-H Agent at email@example.com.