Swain County Center Closure Information
We continue to work with county and state health officials, as well as NC State and N.C. A&T State Universities, to monitor the evolving coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
To help prevent the spread of the virus, N.C. Cooperative Extension of Swain County will remain CLOSED. ALL in-person Extension activities for the next 60 days (until May 22) are canceled or postponed unless they can be done online. This includes ALL 4-H Club Programs.
Our Extension agents are still available via email, phone, and other technological means, and will continue to assist you to the best of their ability. Find contact info and details regarding N.C. Cooperative Extension, Swain County Center’s operations on our website.
Who to contact?
- Administrative, Agriculture, 4-H: Rob Hawk, Extension Director email@example.com or (828) 736-6919
- Family & Consumer Science, Clogging: Dee Decker, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Livestock & 4-H Livestock: Kendra Fortner, email@example.com
- General Office Questions: Melissa Vaughn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHIIP questions call toll free 1-855-408-1212
Please know that these changes are intended to protect the health and safety of our community while striving to provide the resources and services you need. We will continue to closely monitor the situation and act consistently with local, state and national recommendations.
In the meantime, please stay tuned to our Facebook pages for ways to connect with us virtually, as well as updates as they become available. And above all, take the necessary precautions to keep you and your neighbors safe.