COVID-19 Resources for Growers & Others in Agriculture
The following resources provide best practices for preparing for COVID-19 and managing risk for individuals at home and for food environments such as restaurants, grocery stores, food banks, gardens and farms.
These resources are based on guidance and best practices as outlined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), World Health Organization (WHO) and the best available science.
All items are peer reviewed by an expert panel, and many are translated into Spanish. Check back frequently for updates to the guidance.
See more COVID-19 resources from NC State Extension’s Food Safety website.
The COVID-19 Food Safety Resources Website is comprehensive for your needs. I have listed some specific resources below I pulled out that pertain directly to farmers’ needs.
- COVID-19 at Farmers’ Markets (3.26.20)
- Handling COVID-19 at U-Pick Farms (3.26.20)
- Guidance for Farm Stands (3.26.20)
- Guidance for Produce Farms and Packinghouses (3.30.20)
- Guidance for Agribusiness (3.31.20)
- Handling COVID-19 at Community Gardens (3.26.20)
- Is Coronavirus a Concern with Fresh Produce? (3.24.20)
- Is Coronavirus an Issue in Produce Production? (3.26.20)
N.C. Cooperative Extension Area Specialized Agent
Commercial Vegetable & Fruit Production – Western Region
455 Research Drive
Mills River, NC 28759
Office phone: 828-684-3562, Extension 129