Swain County Office COVID-19 Reopening Plan
N.C. Cooperative Extension in Swain County is REOPENING on a limited basis beginning May 26, 2020.
May 26 – 29: Reopen Office for Staff Only with Limited Office Hours
- See contact information below
June 1 – 19: Reopen Office to Public with Appointments Only
- 1 person only at a time by appointment only
- Limited Office Hours
June 22 – September 1: Allow Extension Face-to-Face Programming to Public
Adults Only; No Youth Unless Direct Family
- Total of 10 or less people
- Program at 1-hour maximum (longer only if absolutely necessary)
Youth Face-to-Face Programs: Yet to Be Determined
Our Extension agents are still available via email, phone, and other technological means, and will continue to assist you to the best of their ability.
Call the office at (828) 488-3848 or Contact:
- Director/Administrative & 4-H: Rob Hawk, (828) 736-6919
- Family & Consumer Science, Clogging: Dee Decker, email@example.com
- Livestock & 4-H Livestock: Kendra Fortner, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agriculture/Horticulture: Katie Ashley, email@example.com
- General Office Questions: Melissa Vaughn, firstname.lastname@example.org
- SHIIP questions call toll free 1-855-408-1212
We continue to work with county and state health officials, as well as NC State University and N.C. A&T State University, as we plan and work through the reopening phase.
Also, stay tuned to our Facebook pages for ways to connect with us virtually, as well as updates as they become available. And above all, take the necessary precautions to keep you and your neighbors safe.