4-H Showcase of Talent 2020
4-H Entertains is not your typical competition activity. The acts are selected for skill, content, entertainment value and to create a well-rounded show.
- To provide an opportunity for 4-H’ers to demonstrate their creativity through the performing arts.
- To develop poise and self-confidence before a group of their peers.
- To provide an avenue through which local and state 4-H programs may broaden the 4-H image and acquaint the public with the creative skills possessed by 4-H members.
- Participants should be 8 as of January 1 of the current year and not have had their 19 birthday as of January 1.
- They must be currently enrolled in the 4-H program and approved in NC 4-H Online.
4-H Talent Showcase will be due on September 21.
- 4-H members who have participated in previous County, District, and State 4-H talent programs MAY participate again.
General Guidelines for 2020
- Talent acts may be presented by an individual or siblings. Groups who are not family members will not be eligible this year due to our COVID-19 state restrictions on 4-H programming.
- Talent acts selected should appeal to youth audiences.
- Talent acts may be drawn from dance, dramatic, variety, instrumental, and vocal arts.
- Each county may select a maximum of four acts to participate.
- Each act should be a maximum of five (5) minutes.
- Participants should consider the following items when selecting and presenting a talent act:
- audience appeal, projection, appropriate dress or costume, poise, staging-position and/or movement on stage, skills in areas of presentation (talent).
- Music should be in good taste and appropriate for all audiences, no vulgar language will be accepted in any lyrics.
- Animal acts and use of fire are NOT allowed.
- Digital music must be of good quality and if at all possible, must meet copyright steaming requirements. So please select your “music” carefully. We are trying to work through the streaming issues.
- Videos can not be bigger than 10GB.
- Videos must be .mp4 file format or .mov as these are universal and we should be able to open them easily. We do not want links to a youtube channel or anything else. Videos will be uploaded directly to a google registration by 4-H County Staff.
A 4-H Webinar will showcase 4 acts per county during National 4-H Week. 4-H families, friends, donors, etc. can register to celebrate our 4-H Showcase of Talent.
For more information contact the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Swain County at 488-3848 or email@example.com.