4-H Showcase of Talent 2020
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
4-H Entertains is not your typical competition activity. The acts are selected for skill, content, entertainment value and to create a well-rounded show.
- To provide an opportunity for 4-H’ers to demonstrate their creativity through the performing arts.
- To develop poise and self-confidence before a group of their peers.
- To provide an avenue through which local and state 4-H programs may broaden the 4-H image and acquaint the public with the creative skills possessed by 4-H members.
- Participants should be 8 as of January 1 of the current year and not have had their 19 birthday as of January 1.
- They must be currently enrolled in the 4-H program and approved in NC 4-H Online.
4-H Talent Showcase will be due on September 21.
- 4-H members who have participated in previous County, District, and State 4-H talent programs MAY participate again.
General Guidelines for 2020
- Talent acts may be presented by an individual or siblings. Groups who are not family members will not be eligible this year due to our COVID-19 state restrictions on 4-H programming.
- Talent acts selected should appeal to youth audiences.
- Talent acts may be drawn from dance, dramatic, variety, instrumental, and vocal arts.
- Each county may select a maximum of four acts to participate.
- Each act should be a maximum of five (5) minutes.
- Participants should consider the following items when selecting and presenting a talent act:
- audience appeal, projection, appropriate dress or costume, poise, staging-position and/or movement on stage, skills in areas of presentation (talent).
- Music should be in good taste and appropriate for all audiences, no vulgar language will be accepted in any lyrics.
- Animal acts and use of fire are NOT allowed.
- Digital music must be of good quality and if at all possible, must meet copyright steaming requirements. So please select your “music” carefully. We are trying to work through the streaming issues.
- Videos can not be bigger than 10GB.
- Videos must be .mp4 file format or .mov as these are universal and we should be able to open them easily. We do not want links to a youtube channel or anything else. Videos will be uploaded directly to a google registration by 4-H County Staff.
A 4-H Webinar will showcase 4 acts per county during National 4-H Week. 4-H families, friends, donors, etc. can register to celebrate our 4-H Showcase of Talent.
For more information contact the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Swain County at 488-3848 or email@example.com.