Sweetie Pie Recipe Challenge
For the love of pie, get your recipes out and rise to the Sweetie Pies Recipe Challenge. We are happy to partner with Swain County 4-H to offer this fun and tasty recipe challenge for all ages.
Recipe challenge guidelines:
- Submit a photograph of the finished pie and a description of why this is your favorite pie along with the recipe you used.
- Pie entries may only be dessert pies (no savory pies such as pot pies, quiches, or meat pies).
- The pie categories will be Fruit Single Crust, Fruit Double Crust, Cream Pies, and Custard Pies with either Homemade or Purchased Pie Crusts.
- Contestants can enter more than one pie.
- Contest runs from April 5 through April 29, 2021.
- All ages are welcome to enter!
- “Family” made pie entries are encouraged and accepted.
There are three ways to enter:
- Post your favorite pie recipe on the N.C. Cooperative Extension of Swain County’s Facebook “Sweetie Pie Recipe Challenge” post before 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 29, 2021.
- Mail your favorite pie recipe to: N.C. Cooperative Extension of Swain County, 60 Almond School Road, Bryson City, NC 28713
- Email your recipe to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Categories (Homemade or Purchased Crust):
- Fruit Pies Single Crust
- Fruit Pies Double Crust
- Cream Pies
- Custard Pies
- Attractiveness and appeal of pie (based on photo).
- Creativeness and uniqueness of pie.
- Delicious sounding/appealing pie recipe.
- Pie recipe’s story (why it’s your favorite).
- Pies made with homemade crusts and purchased crusts will be judged in separate categories.