4-H Open All Breeds Beef Heifer Show
Beef Heifer Rules and Regulations
Youth Ages 5-18 (as of January 1, 2019) are eligible to participate.
- Ages 14 and older will be considered Senior exhibitors.
- Ages 8-13 will be considered Junior exhibitors.
- Ages 5-7 will show in noncompetitive classes only.
- Youth under the age of 5 are not eligible to participate.
Participants exhibit animals at their own risk. No health papers are required. However, NCDA&CS Veterinary Division staff will be on site to inspect animals.
All animals must be shown at halter.
If an exhibitor has more than one animal in a class, the second entry may be shown by another eligible youth.
Each exhibitor must assume all liability in the case of death or injury to his/her livestock.
Exhibitors must have been the primary caretakers of the heifer(s) entered in his/her name for at least 30days prior to the show date.
- Classes relate to the birth range of the animal:
- Mar 1, 2019 and after: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Jan 1- Feb 28, 2019: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Nov 1- Dec 31, 2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Sept 1-Oct 31, 2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- July 1- Aug 31, 2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- May 1- June 30, 2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Mar 1- April 30, 2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Jan 1- Feb 28, 2018: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Nov 1-Dec 31, 2017: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Sept 1-Oct 31, 2017: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Grand Champion Beef Heifer
- Reserve Champion Beef Heifer
- Junior: Grand Champion Showman and Reserve Champion Showman
- Senior: Grand Champion Showman and Reserve Champion Showman