4-H Open All Breeds Market Steer Show
Market Steer Rules and Regulations
Youth Ages 5-18 (as of January 1, 2019) are eligible to participate.
- Ages 14 and older will be considered Senior exhibitors.
- Ages 8-13 will be considered Junior exhibitors.
- Ages 5-7 will show in noncompetitive classes only.
- Youth under the age of 5 are not eligible to participate.
Participants exhibit animals at their own risk. No health papers are required. However, NCDA&CS Veterinary Division staff will be on site to inspect animals.
All animals must be shown at halter.
If an exhibitor has more than one animal in a class, the second entry may be shown by another eligible youth.
Each exhibitor must assume all liability in the case of death or injury to his/her livestock.
Exhibitors must have been the primary caretakers of the heifer(s) entered in his/her name for at least 30days prior to the show date.
Entries will be divided into weight groups.
Steers must be dehorned.
Steers will be weighed in at check-in.
- Lightweight: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Middleweight: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Heavyweight: 1st, 2nd, 3rd
- Grand Champion Market Steer
- Reserve Champion Market Steer
- Junior: Grand Champion Showman and Reserve Champion Showman