Honey Product Exhibit & Judging Information Sheet
SWAIN COUNTY AGRICULTURAL FAIR
- Saturday, August 21, 2021
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Great Smoky Mountains Event Park
- 1130 Hyatt Creek Road, Bryson City, NC 28713
Honey Exhibit Information
HONEY EXTRACTED CLASS
- Light 3 jars (not less than 14 oz. size)
- Dark 3 jars (not less than 14 oz. size)
- Exhibits Received:
Thursday, August 19 between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and
- Friday, August 20 between 8:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Monday, August 23 between 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Swain County Cooperative Extension.
To Sign-up Your Exhibit & Questions: contact Robert Hawk, Swain County Extension Director at phone #: (828) 488-3848 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- All honey must have been produced by the exhibitor during the current season.
- No entries may be labeled, except with entry tags.
- All exhibits must be of required color, quality, and condition in order to receive premiums and prizes.
- All extracted honey displayed must be protected from honeybees and other insects. Cellophane, glass, or other suitable transparent materials are recommended for this purpose.
- Blue Ribbon (1st Place)
- Red Ribbon (2nd Place)
- White Ribbon (3rd place)
FACTORS TO BE CONSIDERED IN JUDGING – HONEY, EXTRACTED
- Density (moisture content over 18.6% DISQUALIFIED)=15
- Absence of granulation or crystallization=10
- Cleanliness=35 (absence of lint =8, dirt =12, wax =9, and foam =6)
- Flavor: absence of overheating or fermentation=20
- Accuracy of filling and uniformity=10
- Container appearance=10
To sign-up your exhibit and for questions, contact Robert Hawk, Extension Director at email@example.com or (828) 488-3848.