Moving in the Mountains Newsletter
MOVING IN THE MOUNTAINS (formerly Living Well News) is a Family and Consumer Science / Community Development newsletter designed to inform and educate Swain County residents on issues that affect them, and to provide ideas for helping improve their quality of life.
To stay up to date on all the programs offered by Family and Consumer Sciences Agent, Dee Decker, find us on Facebook (link below) or call the office (828) 488-3848.
- Make it Stick
- Lights Out!
- Safety First – Cleaning Supplies
- Flu Prevention
- Homemade Laundry Detergent (Powdered)
- Just Breathe!
- Best Exercises for Osteoarthritis
- Success Story: “The Swain Cooperative Extension offers a diverse range of educational programming for all ages. I am a volunteer for the FCS program and serve on the Advisory Leadership Council and I see first hand the importance of the Swain Cooperative Extension.” – S. Cochran
- Upcoming: Tai Chi
- Weekly Classes
IN THE NEWS
- Tangled Feet Stompers Compete at Nationals
- Ribbon Winners at Fair
- The 2019 Fair Is Just Around the Corner!
- Tangled Feet Stompers Awards and Donations
- Strengthening Communities Through Dance
- Just Add Music
- Community Train Dominoes and Other Social Games
- Just Breathe
- Adventures in Storytelling
- Adding Value to Our Lives
- The Merry Cranberry
- “Where is the Snow?” They Ask
- Beet-ful Roots
- Tantalizing Turnips
- Strawberry Jam and the Heritage Festival
- Kicking It Up for Your Health
- Cooking with a Cast Iron Skillet
- Maintain, Don’t Gain – Holiday Challenge
- Talking Turkey
- Summer Equals Time for Tea
- Carolina Wood Turning Company Reunion – May 9, 2015
- Cooking for One or Two
- Leave the Dust at the Door