Key points: The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act changes things for all taxpayers, including farmers. Farmers may want to consult their …
Farm Health & Safety
The North Carolina Cattlemen’s Association has announced that the N.C. Cattle Industry Assessment Referendum vote will take place on …
Learn More Using the Resources Below
County Extension Programs
- Jackson County Christmas Tree Association
- Smoky Mountain Beekeepers Association
- Swain and Jackson County Master Gardener Program
- Swain County Extension Staff and Programs Brochure
- Swain County Farmers Market
More Extension Programs at NC State University
National eXtension Resources
Partnerships and Organizations
- National Ag Safety Database
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health
- National Pesticide Information Center Emergency Resources
- NC Agromedicine Institute
- NCDA&CS Structural Pest Control and Pesticide Division
Publications, Information, and News
Recent Publications related to Farm Health & Safety
This publication lists abbreviations used in the North Carolina Agricultural Chemicals Manual.
This publication covers disease control in a variety of crops.
This publication explains control measures that can be taken due to animal damage of crops.
This publication explains plant growth regulators for a variety of crops.
This publication covers chemical weed control and weed response to a variety of crops.
This publication covers insect and disease control in apples, blueberries, caneberries, grapes, peaches, pecans and …
This publication covers insect control in a variety of crops, as well as household pests.
This publication offers fertilizer suggestions for a variety of crops, including field, pasture and hay …